Feb 25, 2013

February

I am such a slacker...I know. In my defense this year has already been busy and I had plenty to do at the end of last year. So here we go again, another massive update!

Davian: Oh, how I love this boy! I love watching him grow and I LOVE watching him learn. He is such a joy and such a handful at the same time. He has been busy at The Learning Center and busy at home. He has become very fond on Lego's {oh how I HATE them...the end up everywhere and hurt when you step on them}. He has started building his own "creations" and his imagination is simply amazing. He also had an imaginary friend for a week. His friend was a red dragon who's name both of us cannot remember anymore. He really has blossomed into an amazing little boy.

One night after he crawled into my bed I just thought about how different my life would be without him. I can't imagine it because I know he belongs in my life. As I watched him sleep I wondered how such a little person could take up half my bed and my entire heart. While motherhood has not been easy for me it has been worth it. Being a mother, {a single one at that} is the greatest blessing that I could have ever been blessed with. It baffles me that my Heavenly Father would trust me with one of his little souls. I just hope that I can give him everything that he needs to grow and become a powerful disciple of Christ.

Me: I have been busy...Very very busy. Davian and I  have been sick for about 3 months. I am pretty sure that we just share back and forth... I guess that a chance I am going to have to keep taking because I love kissing and loving that little guy.

I have been busy with classes. My classes are amazing this semester. I have enjoyed my Money Management class and my Parenting Skills class. My Money Management is teaching me so much about becoming self-sufficient and dealing with the many "adult" things in life such as buying a home and taxes. I love the teacher that I have and he really makes it fun for me. I especially enjoy my Parenting Skills class. The teacher is AMAZING! He really knows how to teach and I have not been bored in a single class this semester. I have learned so much about parenting. Mostly, my testimony has been strengthened. In our first class we discussed how important it is to view our children has our own brother or sister from our Heavenly Father. We have been in trusted to take care of our Heavenly Father's children and teach them the things that they need to know to grow and return back to Him. I have been touched by the Spirit so many times during this class and know that the things that I have learned really will change the way that I parent.

I have been working hard at the salon and enjoying all the wonderful co-workers I have and clients! I love doing photo shoots and have been able to do my first official bride at the salon. I love makeup and I love being able to create different looks. The face is really a canvas. We did a vintage inspired shoot in November and I was pleased with the results. The photography was amazing, the hair was amazing, the outfits were amazing, and the makeup was amazing! I just hope we can keep raising the bar with each photo shoot that we do! Our next one will be in March and it has a wedding theme. So stay tuned ;)

Well it is official: Davian and I are moving to Idaho Falls. It was difficult to make the final decision to move but I felt like it would be the best thing for our little family. We have loved Rexburg and the almost 2 years that we have spent here. We have just started to get comfortable in the ward and made many friends but we are just moving a few miles down the road! We are excited to be closer to our good friends the Briggs though =) Our new apartment is super cute and we can't wait to get settled at the end of the month. Pictures to come, of course!

I know you all wonder about my exciting dating life... so here is an update. I have been going out a lot more these past 5 months and it has been really fun. I have had fun getting to know a few different guys but for the last couple months I have been mostly dating one fella. Maybe you'll hear more in the future maybe you won't... we shall see ;)


Emma&Maddy



Vampire Davian
LOVE HIM
Sick AGAIN!

1 comment: